• Are strollers allowed?
Yes, pushing a stroller is allowed in the 5k. Please be courteous and line up toward the back of the pack at the start line.
• Are dogs allowed?
No, unfortunately, we aren't able to allow dogs on the course at this time.
• ls there a headphone restriction?
Nope, feel free to rock out. However, please make sure that you're able to follow all directions given by race officials on the course.
• Are donations to Run2Serve tax deductible?
Yes. Run2Serve is a fundraising event for Hospitality Services Center, Inc. ["HSC"]. HSC is an Arizona 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit charitable corporation, so all donations are tax-deductible.
• What is the mission of Hospitality Services Center, lnc.?
The Mission of Hospitality Services Center is to serve our community by:
• Identifying practical needs in our community, in local ministries and in other service organizations in the Phoenix Metro Area
• Coordinating volunteers to meet those needs
• Providing low-cost housing for short-term volunteers (and guests) coming from across the US and Canada
HSC operates the Phoenix Menno Guest House which offers extremely affordable rental rates to persons (including participants in the Service Opportunities for Older Persons program) who travel to the Phoenix area with the deliberate intention of volunteering in our community.
• What are the proceeds from the Run2Serve Event used for?
The funds raised through HSC's Run2Serve Event are used primarily for rent, utilities, maintenance, upkeep, and supplies. The HSC Program Directors and its Board of Directors all are volunteers.
• What charitable groups has HSC coordinated volunteers for?
HSC coordinates opportunities for volunteers with HSC's mission partners, including Goldensun Peace Ministries, lntemational Rescue Committee, Faith Community Nursing, Hope for Hunger Food Bank, Neighborhood Home Repair, Refugee Resettlement, House of Refuge, House of Hope, and others.
Some of the ways that HSC volunteers are serving include:
• Helping the homeless by assisting at area food banks
• Teaching English as a second language
• Repairing damage to and doing reconstruction and improvements in neighborhood homes for low-income seniors & residents
• Providing nursing skills tor home care and consultation.
• Can I donate to HSC without registering for the event?
Of course. This Event is HSC's only fundraising event each year and HSC relies upon donations to fulfill its mission. To donate without registering to participate in the event, go to the "Donate Now" button below, and you will be directed to HSC's website to process your donation.
• If I wish to make a donation in addition to my registration fee, am I able to do that?
Yes. If you would like to make an additional donation over and above the cost of your entry fee into the race, go to the 'Donate Now' button below and you will be directed to Hospitality Services Center's website to process your donation. Thank You!
• How can I become an Event Sponsor?
Hospitality Services Center welcomes the support of any business or individual who is able to become an Event Sponsor. The minimum donation to become an Event Sponsor for Run2Serve is $500.00, which comes with two free race registrations, recognition for the sponsor (or a designated school, charity or in memoriam) on the website, race T-shirt and during the Event. Your donation is tax-deductible as HSC is an Arizona 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
For more information, please contact the Event Coordinator.